Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Virtue: Day 1



  I love being a wife! I love everything about it! I like the cleaning, the cooking, the washing clothes and dishes, and I love my husband! Yes, we do have rough times like any other marriage, but we always get through them. Because one of my desires is to be the wife God wants me to be, I have decided to study more deeply what that means - to be the wife God wants me to be. And what that means, I believe, is to be the woman God wants me to be - to be a woman like the woman of Proverbs 31.

  The woman of Proverbs 31 is a virtuous woman. According to dictionary.com, the definition of virtue is moral excellence; goodness; righteousness. These characteristics are what I will be studying more about over the next 31 days. These characteristics are what I am striving for in my own life. Here are just a few things I will be writing about for the next month:
- Being a helper (Genesis 2:18)
- Being sensible (Proverbs 19:14)
- Fear the LORD (Proverbs 31:30)
- Be submissive (Ephesians 5:22)
- Be reverent (Titus 2:3)
- Be pure (Titus 2:5)

  I hope you will join me on this journey of discovering what God has called us to be as women and wives. It is sure to be eye-opening! To find out what other bloggers will be writing about for the month of October, visit my 31 Days page. You can visit each of their sites from there.

  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com