Wednesday, October 26, 2011

31 Days of Virtue: Day 26



... to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:5

We are now to day 26. I've been writing for 26 days, and I'm getting tired. I wonder does anyone care about this subject as much as I do? Do women even care about being virtuous, or do they just go about their day trying to accomplish what is on their lists for the day? Do they not worry about what their character is like? 

Am I portraying a virtuous woman in the right way, the way the Bible describes her? A lot of what I've written about talks about a connection between a woman and how she manages her household, how she treats her husband, and how she raises her children. Is that an honest connection, or is that just my opinion? 

I'll be honest, I would love to be able to stay at home taking care of my household, my husband and, one day, our children. I would love to be able to work from home. Sometimes I almost feel like I am falling short as a wife because I am not there at our home, cleaning, washing, and cooking. But I know we cannot afford for me to stay home right now. So I go to work, thinking to myself some days that I am wasting my time when I could be home accomplishing so much more. 

I truly believe that a woman's place is at her home, especially when children are involved. God gave those children to us for us to raise, not someone else. I know some women can't stay home, but I think if a woman is able to, she needs to be home with her children as much as possible. 

Am I completely off in this way of thinking? I am asking myself right now, "Should I even publish this post? Will people think I am crazy?" 

What do you think? Should women be 'busy at home'? 

Archive of 31 Days of Virtue:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com