Friday, October 21, 2011

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burp



What an amazing story! I could not put this book down! I think I read the entire thing in just a few days. Heaven is for Real is a  "true story of a young boy's visit to heaven after life-saving surgery. Told by the father but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready there is a coming last battle." 


I have been a Christian for 16 years now, and I look forward to heaven; but the selfish side of me wants to stay here a little longer to be married, have children, and grow old. However, after reading this book, after reading the way Colton describe heaven, I long to see it and be there! I long to see the rainbow colors and Jesus' "markers". I long to look into those beautiful eyes of Jesus that captivate you and calms your soul. 


I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone! It is definitely worth reading! Colton has been blessed with a gift of seeing a glimpse of heaven; although, it was a tough road for this family. But I would venture to say that the greatest gifts are given after a dark storm. 


*BookSneeze did provide a copy of this book for me to review; however, the opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com