That doesn't mean I knew them.
I knew God created all things. I knew Jesus was God's Son who was sent to die on a cross for your and my sins. I knew that to go to heaven you had to ask Jesus to be your Savior and come into your heart.
But all that didn't really click until one year at Vacation Bible School. I was 9 years old. The teacher asked my class, "What happens if you don't ask Jesus to save you and come into your heart?" The little boy beside me raised his hand and answered, "You go to hell."
And it clicked.
Those four words caused my eyes to widen and my jaw to drop just a little as I realized that if I died right now, I would not be going to heaven. So that night I called my mom into my room and told her I wanted to be saved. She led me through a prayer, and that night I was saved. Jesus came into my heart, forgave me of all my sins and became my Savior.
Has it been easy ever since? Of course not. As with any other relationship, it is hard work. It takes effort. Jesus never promised an easy life if we follow Him.
But I have chosen to follow Jesus. Why? Because He loves me. Because He died for me. I need Him. My sins are too heavy for me to carry. He took my sins - and yours - and died in our place. He became sin and conquered death so that we could have everlasting life!
I hope you choose to follow Jesus as well.
If you like, feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
I enjoy hearing from you.
- I believe Jesus has forgiven me of my sins, has come into my heart, and is Lord and Savior of my life. God's salvation is a gift that I readily accepted; it cannot be taken away.
- I believe when I die, I will be going to heaven to spend eternity praising God.
- I believe there is a hell, and those who believe it is only fiction or some kind of parable or metaphor are terribly and sadly misled.
- I believe Jesus Christ, God, & the Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity. I believe they are one in the same and each are also individual.
- I believe the Bible is God's Holy Word. It is the truth. It is not something that you can pick and choose what to believe. To believe in one verse, you must believe in them all.
- I believe I was created to be a wife, a helpmeet, to my husband. I believe one of my purposes in this life is to be the caretaker of my husband and children (when we have them). I am to make our house a home, a safe haven for my husband and children.