Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Days of Virtue: Day 9


She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. Proverbs 31:15

Let me be the first to admit, rising early is definitely one of my downfalls. As you can see, I am late with this post because I didn't get up early enough to do it before church. I am also a bit of a procrastinator, but that is a story for another day... : )

This woman of Proverbs 31, this woman of virtue, is the first to rise in her household. I usually am the first to rise in the morning, but oh how I wish I could rise earlier than I do! And I am working on it. This part, rising early, is definitely a work in progress.

There are so many reasons why I want to rise early: to have my quiet time with my God, to plan the day's events and list what I want to get done, and just to enjoy the quiet morning light shining through our windows. Having a quiet time with God is such an important part of the day! It can set you in a good mood for the entire day! I know when I have my quiet time with God in the morning, my day is more peaceful; I'm less likely to react wrongly to a situation that may not have gone as I had planned. Yes, surprises may have happened that I didn't plan for, and discouragements may have come my way, but I think back to my quiet time, the verses that I read, and the prayer that I prayed, and I know that He is there with me, taking each step with me.

Are you having trouble getting up early in the morning? I would like to challenge you. Starting tomorrow, Monday, get up 15 minutes earlier than you usually do. Then on Tuesday, get up 15 minutes earlier than Monday. Spend a little time in God's word. I promise you it will be worth it!

Do you already get up early, but your days still seem to go all wrong. Do you seem irritable and in a bad mood most of the day? I would like to challenge you. Spend those early morning moments reading the Bible and praying. Try memorizing a Bible verse each week, so that when surprises do arise, you will have God's words right there with you in your heart. You won't regret it!

Archive of 31 Days of Virtue:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com