Wednesday, October 12, 2011

31 Days of Virtue: Day 12


She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27

Oh, the traps of laziness! I love it, but I hate it. I love to wake up late on a Saturday morning and just do nothing all day long. Do a little reading..... watch a movie... do a little scrapbooking or crafting.... Did I accomplish anything? No. Is that the way we are suppose to live? No.

A woman of virtue is not lazy. She watches over the affairs of her household. She observes her physical house. Are there any repairs that need doing that she could handle? She does them. She observes her family. Is there a problem among family members that need attention? She confronts them.

She does not lay around all day letting the dirty clothes and dishes pile up everywhere. After you've had a day like this, do you really feel good about your day? I don't. There are even more dishes in the sink and even more dirty clothes in the hamper. I cannot ignore them.

Taking care of my family and my household is my responsibility, not my husband's. Let's take on that responsibility, and be the virtuous women we were created to be.

Archive of 31 Days of Virtue:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com