Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Project 31: Days to Come

 She is clothed with strength and dignity; 
she can laugh at the days to come.  
Proverbs 31:25

Source: flickr.com via Jamie on Pinterest


Sunday, August 28, 2011, will be my husband and my anniversary. We will have been married one year. I still get amazed sometimes at the fact that I am married. I remember starting college like it was yesterday.... But it has been a wonderful first year of marriage. I am so blessed to have a husband like Ragan, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us in the years to come!

I saw this photo (above) a while back and have been wanting to do something like this for Ragan for our anniversary. The photo is of a couple writing their pledge for each other. 

His pledge to her: "I will kill the spiders. I will share my fries with you when you’ve finished all yours and are still hungry.  I won’t ever pop my collar. I will never be rude to your tummy- when I hear it growl and gurgle, I promise to bend down and reply respectfully.  I will eat the mushrooms when we order the supreme pizza.  I will kiss the papercuts. and the door-slammed finger. and the counter-bumped hip. I’ll try my hardest not to get annoyed when you whisper questions and comments during movies. I will be the big spoon. I will let you win at wrestling. sometimes. other times I will not....."

I'll share a few of mine with you if you promise not to tell him and spoil the surprise! : )

My Pledge to Ragan
I promise to take care of you when you are sick.
I promise to ask questions when you are done talking, not interrupt you while you are talking.
I promise to try not to talk during movies.
I promise to order 1/2 supreme, 1/2 pepperoni when ordering pizza.
I promise to let  you have what's left on my plate when I don't eat it all.
I promise to go to the river with you at least one weekend a month.
I promise to cook more vegetables because I know you like them.

That's all I'll share for now... : )  What are some pledges you would make to your husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com