Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New project!

I hope everyone is doing well today! I wanted to share with you a new project I am beginning to work on. Yes, I know.... I have a lot of projects I'm working on right now... But it's all so much fun!  : )  Anyways, my new project focuses on the many names of God. I've been reading a Bible study by Mary Kassian called Knowing God by Name.















You should definitely put this Bible study on your list of studies to do. I've learned quite a bit from this study, and I've decided to create art combining my photography, my love of sunsets, and the names of God I've been learning about. I'll be getting the names cut out of wood, taking pictures of sunsets, and then combining the two together. I will then write on the back of the wood verses that relate to that certain name of God. A few days ago I got done with my first project in this series. YAHWEH. God's name. Yahweh is translated into 'I AM' or 'LORD'. I gave this one to my husband for his birthday. Please let me know what you think of the new project. Any comments, questions, or advice are welcome! And don't worry, I'll keep you up to date on my progress of this new project! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. TOO COOL!!!
    i would LOVE to cover an entire wall (think livingroom) with them. I'd settle for Jehovah-Jirah if i had to choose only one. i bet that would be a booger to carve out of wood!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com